ME: . . .
AC: Rise and shine!
ME: . . .
AC: Get up sleepy-head!
ME: . . .
AC: Hmmm. . . Non-responsive as usual. I guess I'll have to beep even more loudly and annoyingly. BEEP!
ME: huh?
AC: Success! One more eardrum-piercing beep ought to do the trick. BEEP!
ME: (reaches threateningly toward AC)
AC: NOT AGAIN! PLEASE! NOT THE SNOOZE BUTTON!!!
ME: (hits snooze button)
AC: . . .
ME: zzzzzzzzzz






4 comments:
It seems as though I have a better relationship with my alarm clocks (yes plural). I
always respond immediately the first time they go off, and the second time, and the third...
Thankfully, God blessed me with the ability to get up after the first alarm goes off... at least in the morning. If I set my alarm when I'm taking a nap during the day, I usually turn it off and sleep another hour.
You're a liar. You know your alarm clock says "Good Afternoon" much more often than it says "Good Morning."
I have figured out a great system. I used it in High School. I would set my alarm for 4:59 am. I would roll over, look at the time and snooze away. Every 9 minutes until 6:30. This was probably not the best thing for my sleep patterns but it made me feel so lazy that I would finally roll out of bed, completly rested at 6:30-and on time.
Now I just sleep until my kids cry and wake me up. BTW-if you let them cry a little longer each morning, they tend to sleep longer!
Post a Comment