
I heart blogging. When I first created a blog, I spent most of my blogging time composing my own posts. Now I spend more time reading other people's thoughts. I love the chance that blogging gives me to "vicariously experience the lives of interesting people" (that's the euphemistic way to say I shamelessly stalk them). These are some of my favorites:
Blogs that make me laugh out loud:
http://laserlady.blogspot.com/
http://clinicallynomadic.blogspot.com/
http://importantbabblings.blogspot.com/
Blogs of people who are incredibly clever:
http://sweetlemon24.blogspot.com/
http://rfxdesign.blogspot.com/
Blogs about what it's like to be Mormon and...
Progressive: http://notoriousbiggins.blogspot.com/
Gay: http://ryansmiley.wordpress.com/
Bipolar: http://dinamariegardner.blogspot.com/
Paralyzed: http://paralyzedwithjoy.blogspot.com/
Related to me: http://jaceandjill.blogspot.com/
Single: http://hokapidia.blogspot.com/
Married with children: (too numerous to list)
People I blog-stalk who have no idea who I am:
http://singingcicada.blogspot.com/
http://aroundtheworldwithgreg.blogspot.com/
http://crolace.blogspot.com/
Blogs of cute, innocent little BYU freshmen trying to make sense of the world around them (I particularly like Braden's posts):
http://firstbyuyear.blogspot.com/
Blogs of friends who go cool places:
http://t-therestofthestory.blogspot.com/
http://botanizing.blogspot.com/
Blogs that were created to appease a guilty conscience:
http://ottofina.blogspot.com/
Backstory: A friend of mine thought it would be funny to tell me she had a blog when she really didn't. And I, being the trusting person that I am, believed her. She refused to give me the URL of this fake blog. Instead, she fed me "clues" so that I could try to find it myself online. Every week she would give me a new "clue" like "Try Googling Italian!" But, of course, this would turn up nothing but virtual fettuccine and meatballs. After months of sending me Googling all over the planet, she decided to create a (real) blog and had it linked from the blog of a mutual friend and co-conspiritor (i.e. lawyer). She gave her confession in the first post. To this day, I still wonder how she sleeps at night.






7 comments:
ha! that is a clever joke. i think i've got some people in each of your categories too. why is this so addicting? i will be honest that it bugs me that when you read a compilation of everyone else's blogs, who of course include totally rad stuff because that's what they are always doing right? all the time? you start to feel like you're totally lame. and this is the problem i have found with reading too many blog posts of amazing people. i'd much rather associate myself with mediocre types to avoid feeling inferior:) not to say that i think you're mediocre:)
Woohoo! I'm on the list of laugh-out-loud blogs! Now I feel like I've finally made it in life.
I follow like a million blogs. (Okay, slight exaggeration. Google reader says it's only 109. And a couple of those are twitter feeds rather than blogs.)
Really? When you read my blog you think of Mormon and single? I get that if I don't make you laugh I don't make you laugh, but single is the label I get?
Just because I didn't put you on the list of lol blogs doesn't mean your blog doesn't make me lol. I find your posts most entertaining and I've told you as much.
I didn't know you blog-stalked Singing Cicada. I totally worked with her during college. She's so cool!
Small world.
You're absolutely right - I have no idea who you are. But I'm flattered.
Wierd connection - I also blog-stalked Singing Cicada for a while a couple years ago. Small world.
Oh no I've been found out! :) You *should* be flattered, though. I think your posts are highly entertaining.
Post a Comment