Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Shameless Mancrushes

I have them. This post is dedicated to the supreme worshipfulness of Rob Thomas and Jason Wade, kings of post-grunge and the lead singers of two of my favorite bands (Matchbox 20 and Lifehouse, respectively). These bands, led by their turbo-talented frontmen, consistently deliver in a big way. Rob Thomas and Jason Wade simply drip cool. And man can they sing! I think you'll find they aren't too shabby looking either. But don't be fooled by how pretty they are. They've both got a raw edge to their voices that is just fantastic. Check out the songs Disease and The Joke to see what I mean. Anyone else smitten?

Rob Thomas


Jason Wade


To read more about the campy counter-culture phenomena of mancrushes, man dates, bromances and buddymoons, see Ty Mansfield's entertaining post.

14 comments:

Brien said...

I guess this means we've been Man Dating for years, have a very stable Bromance, and have even enjoyed a few buddymoons. Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

Well, i'm smitten! ~Amber

Brien said...

P.S. I have a copy of a duet with Willie Nelson and Rob Thomas. Does that change your thinking at all?

Adam said...

Interesting. I'd like to hear it. Apparently RT does a lot of collaborative work which I think is cool. I know he's done some stuff with Santana, Mick Jagger and John Mayer.

Brien said...

Do you know who Mick Jagger and Santana are? Or Willie Nelson, for that matter?

Adam said...

Of course! What do you take me for?

Brad said...

I do believe a have a mancrush on Nathan Fillion... and don't get me started on the number of man-dates I went on during my senior year of college...

Adam said...

I had to look up Nathan Fillion on wikipedia. Looks like he's done a lot of stuff including voice-overs on Halo 3! I can understand your manfection for him.

mr.(w)right said...

Hooray for Nathan Fillion! Don't forget Lee Pace, of Pushing Daisies fame...I want that hair!

Adam said...

Lee Pace is a cutie. I can't wait for PD to start this week!

Marci and Sarah! said...

It is completely understandable why you have a man-crush on Jason Wade. He is AMAZING. I love blog stalking you Adam, you make me laugh.

Totoro said...

I loved that the guys's post is called "thirtysomething". Well who doesn't have mancrushes when they're thirty-something? We'd be a desperately lonely sort without them. PS, by posting their pictures on your blog, it seems you've violated rule #5. What do they call long trips to Chile with a buddy that's not a man?

Adam said...

Concerning the violation of rule #5, I plead guilty.

confidentcharm said...

Rob Thomas, not nearly as hot as Jason Wade, but holy FREAK I love his music! :)