
The day that I doubted
Was the day I was born
Unnoticed, it sprouted
Surreptitiously sown
Doubtless, I waited
My nose to the soil
Accusations unfounded
My tempters all the while
If not so nearsighted
I might have foreseen
By vine-work, surrounded
A skin-net of green
My questions all knotted
So wildly o'ergrown
The deathly invention
A strangler's hold
My last breath expired
Suspended in death
All senses retired
My life's blood was spent
Till gravity's inverted
And no longer bound
My lungs drank in freely
As my world turned upside-down
From earth's surface parted
Now falling through space
The sky-scape uncharted
Wind's sting on my face
Though now unencumbered
By vine-work o'ergrown
I found myself hurtled
Into chasms unknown
My senses awakened
To the infinite depth
Of falling forever
A fate worse than death
But fate's underhanded
And gravity stopped
It seemed I had landed
And the landing was soft
Then feeling below me
Surprise seized my breast
Embraced by a savior
I'd never have guessed
The hammock hung tautly
Enmeshed, intertwined
With leafy-green branches
All woven of vine






1 comments:
Awesome. Your talent often makes me envious.
Post a Comment