Monday, December 14, 2009

Quotes from some of my friends

Can you guess who said what?

1. "I think I can make it to your house if I don't get distracted by a lawn donkey."

2. "I vote we play a game for which we don't need to explain the rules."

3. "My biggest pet peeve is doormats. You know, the sound it makes when people wipe their feet on them."

4. "Even if we took off our shoes, socks and feet, I'd still be taller than you."

5. "I can put 'shitting diamonds' in a haiku if I add the word 'out' at the end."

6. "No, I will not be bringing my Edward doll with me to New Moon."

7. "I just made the biggest mistake. It's going to cost me the game." (this person later won the game)

8. "I don't think I'd like to be on the receiving end of this song." (After "Sex Bomb" came on the radio)

9. "This jam I bought is too chunky."

10. "Are you prejudiced against chunky people?"

11. "I love chunky people! I just wouldn't want to put one on my peanut butter sandwich."

I'll give a prize to the person who gets the most right! People can be used for quotes more than once.

12 comments:

J&J said...

Can't wait to see you either!! Christmas is going to be so fun. :)

Hokie said...

My guesses are thus…
1. Laura (the other one, not me)
2. Adam
3. Dave
4. Rob
5. Dave
6. Christina
7. David
8. Walter
9. David
10. Adam
11. David

Hokie said...

I think I may have flipped the people in the conversation on 9-11.

Adam said...

Hokie + 5

Adam said...

*Hint
These are the people quoted (in no particular order):
David
Karen
Kristin
Laura
Adam
Bob
Brien
Christina
Liza

Brien said...

I know Liza's #8. But I'm pretty sure I didn't say any of them. None of them sound intelligent enough to come from me.

Karen said...

My guess along with help from Kristin Scott:

1. Kristin
2. Brien
3. Karen
4. Laura
5. Bob
6. Christina
7. David
8. Liza
9. David
10. Adam
11. David

Adam you are great! This was a lot of fun. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Crutches said...

My guesses are as follows:
1. Kristin
2. Adam
3. Karen
4. Laura
5. Bob
6. Christina
7. David
8. Liza
9. Adam
10. Brien
11. Adam

Karen said...

Okay...I will try again...

2. Adam
9. Adam
10. Brien
11. Adam

Hokie said...

This is my final list. Although I am sure I have heard multiple people quote #2.

1. Kristin
2. Brien
3. Karen
4. Laura
5. Bob
6. Christina
7. David
8. Liza
9. Adam
10. Christina
11. Adam

Hokie said...

OK, so I had 2 right the first time, then I changed it because of various comments...and ten, sneaky the way you put it in between the other two comments like it was one whole conversation...trying to throw me off? It worked. Oh well, better luck next time.

Adam said...

David (congrats!) guessed them all right (with a wee bit of help from the rest of us :)Thanks everyone for playing! And for supplying me with such great quotes!